Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stop Motion Animation of Falling



For this assignment I shot the animation of a falling coffee mug. I the set the scene up over my bed in order to have a large flat surface with and even background. I then took some change to create the idea that the mug was on a platform. I lined pennies along the side to help keep my shots similarly composed. The pennies also helped create the illusion the mug was falling. I took reference footage of myself tipping over a coffee mug before I started the scene. I forwarded my footage every 2 frames and tried to copy the positioning in the scene. Once I got to the end of the space I let the mug crash through floor line and disappear out of the frame.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of stuff going on, which makes the animation interesting but it's also difficult to follow the action. One problem is that the mug's bounce seems to occur against the screen frame, which breaks the suspension of disbelief by calling attention to the frame. A lot of the motion is a little too even. I like your initiative but it may have been more than you could manage for a short assignment. That said, you did a good job in planning it all out; with more time to adjust the timing and some of the staging I think it would work.
    Believability: 8 out of 12 points
    Creativity: 6 out of 8 points
    Total: 14 out of 20 points

    ReplyDelete